Exchange Import Tool helps you to make Exchange mailboxes created manually or with another provisioning system visible and manageable in DNP.
Note that import tool behavior connected to internal Enterprise Server SQL database structure. While Enterprise Server database structure may be changed from version to version ensure you get tool version compatible with your current DNP version.
- 1. Unzip tool files to c:\DotNetPanel\Enterprise Server\Tools or any other folder (create folder if doesn't exist).
Important: Do not unzip to c:\DotNetPanel\Enterprise Server\bin folder!!! The issue is that BIN's folder after WSP Import Tool had been extracted into the folder, there are two DLL's that contain the same type definition and thus ASP.NET becomes confused enough to stop the Entreprise Server web.
- 2. Open DNP.ExchangeImportTool.exe.config file in the notepad.
- 3. Update the following settings:
- a. AD.Username - full username of the domain administrator account
- b. AD.Password - password of the domain administrator account
- c. DotNetPanel.CryptoKey - copy from the DotNetPanel.CryptoKey setting from c:\DotNetPanel\Enterprise Server\Web.config file
- d. <connectionStrings> section - copy from the <connectionStrings> section from c:\DotNetPanel\Enterprise Server\Web.config file
Organization import instructions:
- 1. Backup Enterprise Server database before any import!!!
- 2. Run the tool
- 3. Enter DNP username/password (usually serveradmin)
- 4. Select target hosting space
- 5. Select source organizational unit
- 6. Select users to import. Currently only AD users, mailboxes, rooms and equipment supported.
- 7. Use "import users only" option in case Organization is already created by DNP and you only import users/mailboxes. In case you import whole organization (for example it was created in DNP and then DNP database was lost) - leave this checkbox unchecked.
- 8. Click "Import" button.
- 9. You can review import log in DNP.ExchangeImportTool.log file.
If you want to import users to the existing organization, just follow steps 1-6, but then check "Import users only" checkbox. Please note that currently you can import only users created by DotNetPanel. In order to import users that have been created manually you need to make some manual changes before as described here.
Please test the tool on some test organization or test server before production.
Link to download Exchange Import Tool: http://sourceforge.net/projects/websitepanel/files/Releases/WebsitePanel/